Tuesday, August 16, 2011

CA Trip

Today, is day #5 of our CA vacation and day #3 in Madera. It was nice this morning, so Sophie and I went for a nice, long, 4 mile or so walk. It was hot by the time we got very far, but it was nice to get out of the house for awhile. Sophie and I walked downtown and got drinks at one of the gas stations before heading back to Grammie's house. We ate lunch, and then the kids played in the water for a bit before putting them down for naps. I had a nice, quiet break for a couple hours at least. Now, the kids are awake, so we'll see what happens.

Day #4

Eventful day that started at about 7 AM. Sophie woke up and wanted milk, so I got her cup from supper the day before. It was one of the cheap, restaurant cups with a straw. I turned my back for one minute, and she promptly dropped it causing it to crack up the side and spill out the half a cup of milk that was left in it all over the hall rug. Then, I found ants in our bedroom all over our stuff. I was already not wanting to get out of bed, and that made it even worse. I was able to finally get Sophie to go back to sleep for a good nap later in the morning, and I was able to take one too. I woke up feeling a lot better, but still not totally refreshed. The rest of the day went somewhat better at least.


Day #3
Got up and left around 4:30 AM from the motel. Arrived at Crystal's mom's house shortly after 9:30 AM for breakfast and a break. Left from there and got to Madera early afternoon. We ate dinner at Spaghetti Factory with the cousins.

Day #2
Got up and left around 7:30 AM and drove to Vegas for the night. We ate at the Vegas IN N OUT. 

Day #1
Got up and left around 4 AM and drove to Palmer Lake, CO to visit Emily and Adelyn for a bit before heading to Grand Junction, CO for the night. It was nice to get to visit with Emily and see Adelyn. She is such a cutie. The trip through the Rockies was fairly uneventful, and the kids thankfully slept through the first part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment