Some of you know what is going on right now, but some of you don't. I do not feel free to write about what is going on as it can be accessed by anyone. I do, however, feel the need to express some of what is going on in our lives as we get ready to hopefully open a new chapter.
We, or at least I, have started going through things around here deciding what to keep, sell, trash, recycle, etc. We hope to move sometime in the very near future. We are talking probably a couple months or so if not sooner. Matt is currently job searching and hoping to find something in one of the surrounding states. I am currently not working (this was not our decision btw), so we are living off of Matt's income only right now. Things are really tight, and we cannot live like this for very long. We are hoping that Matt finds something very soon, so that we can start moving ahead and starting over so to speak. We are hoping that the current situation blows over, so we can move on with our lives.
As I go through things, I am packing stuff to keep or at least setting it aside in boxes to repack better at a later time. I am putting everything that we wish to sell in the extra bedroom, so that it will be easier to deal with when we are ready to have a yard sale. It is seriously crazy how much stuff 1, 2, 3 people can accumulate over the years. As I go through things, I find myself constantly asking why in the world I have held onto certain things. I am also finding a ton of paper trash as I go. It is also amazing how my perception of things changes as I decide how much stuff I really want to have to move to another place. It makes it a lot easier though, I think, to get rid of the stuff that we don't use or need.
I also find that I have a lot of duplicate baby stuff, toys, etc. that I no longer need since I will no longer be doing daycare even if I get my license back. There is no way under the sun that I am going to risk this type of thing happening again. The daycare is done. Therefore, I don't need a lot of the extra stuff that I have on hand. I am hoping that it sells well on a yard sale or that I can sell it on the classifieds or something. We need the money more than stuff right now.
I also just wanted to share that with this whole situation happening, Matt and I have become a lot closer in our relationship to one another. We are learning that our relationship is more important than a lot of other stuff. God has shown us that there really is hope and that we must lean on Him and trust Him with our lives. Through this experience, we have grown stronger in our walk with God and our walk with one another. This is definitely not the way that I would have chosen for us to become closer to one another, but God is in control and His will be done. God is leading and guiding us as we take things one day at a time. We are trying to look at the positives that this situation has brought about.
I would just ask for your continued prayers as we deal with this one day at a time. Thank you all for your love and support no matter what happens. We love you all very much. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment