Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My baby is 2 today

Well, my baby turned 2 today. I can hardly believe it's been 2 years since she was born. The time has gone way too fast. She will be in school before we know it. Yikes!!! She is definitely going through the terrible two's and has been since about 18 months or so. She has an attitude and stubborn personality. She reminds me a lot of her uncle Ray. hehe. She is into everything. She climbs anything she can find to climb and is ingenious about finding a way to climb it. She stands on the knobs on the sink cabinet in our main floor bathroom to wash her hands all by herself. I can hardly believe that this is possible except I watch her do it time after time. She drags the stools around and uses them to reach or climb up on things. She is very mischievous. She is a rascal but just so darn cute that it's hard not to laugh or smile at times when she's in trouble. She is also way too smart for her own good. She loves songs and loves to dance. She will come up to me and go "eels on the bus?" and heaven forbid that you tell her "no." She also looks at you if she wants something pauses, looks at you with those little blue eyes of hers and goes, "peas!" How can you say "no" to that? hehe.

We have been potty training off and on since last September. Sometimes, she will go, and sometimes she won't. We're still having a lot of accidents, so I'm just going at her pace. We still spend most days in cloth diapers. Today, she's actually gone on the potty 3 times, but then she pooped her pants right after I put her down for her nap. She gets really excited when she does go, but has a hard time sitting still for very long. Even when she's on the potty, she can't stay still. I just hope that she trains soon because I am so tired of changing diapers. At least they are cloth, so we're not spending money buying sposies constantly or even pull-ups since I bought the cloth training pants.

She is definitely a mommy's girl, but knows how to get daddy's attention. She is a ball of energy and rarely sits still. The stillest that I have ever seen her is if you put in her "eels on the bus" video. She will pull her little rocking chair out and sit in it with head tilted upward to see the "TB." She is definitely one of those children that you know something is wrong if it is way too quiet, and she is nowhere in sight.

So, for her birthday, we are going out to eat with my parents with my parents tomorrow night. I am going to try to make her a school bus cake since her favorite song is "wheels on the bus." I found one online that I thought looked cute and easy to make. My plan is for us to go eat supper, and then come back here for dessert and to have her open her presents. We're not planning a party this year since we don't have any close friends around with kids her age really. I figure that we'll save the money and spend it on getting her 2 year pics done.

She has her 2 year checkup scheduled for Friday, so I will come back and post her newest stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment